Dmitrijus Borisenka, the CEO of Coingate, has announced a parntership integration that will allow up to 80,000 new merchants throughout the European Union to accept Bitcoin.
“Encouraging adoption among people beyond the tech-savvy early-adopters is one of the biggest priorities for us. Prestashop has an ideal base of small to medium stores that may well utilize cryptocurrencies not only as an innovative and increasingly popular payment method, which is much cheaper than traditional card payments but also the promotional benefits that the Bitcoin tag carries.”
Some of the key components of the integration are as follows, as referenced here:
– Instant conversion of crypto to Euros. Or keep it all in Bitcoin.
– Guaranteed payouts to company bank, or Bitcoin wallet.
– Less than 24 hour business verification. No complicated contracts. Straightforward but full-fledged API integration.
– CoinGate does not collect customer data or perform KYC on investors.
– The vast majority of collected funds are held in Cold Storage.
– The CoinGgate invoice system is tamper-proof. Each invoice link and payment address is unique.
It's another major win for the entire crypto landscape as the rapid adoption of Bitcoin as a currency is accelerating globally.